At Southampton Academy international students are not only welcomed to our campus they are made to feel part of the “Southampton Academy Family.” Our educational philosophy is that students do their best work when they are happy. We work hard to ensure that our international students do feel happy here and that they are included and integrated. We want them to participate in as many school activities as they choose. We are dedicated to providing our international students with a rigorous college preparatory education, comprehensive college counseling, and a meaningful introduction to American life.
Southampton Academy is located in the small, beautiful, safe, and quiet community of Courtland, Virginia. International students reside in our international house or with host families. The house is walking distance from a local fitness center, where they can swim, use the exercise equipment, play tennis, play basketball, play racquetball, or take yoga classes.
Southampton Academy is committed to helping our International Students excel academically and prepare for college in the United States. We offer a wide range of college counseling services. All International students who are Juniors or Seniors have access to SAT/ACT prep software.
- Top 10% Average SAT Score: Reading – 750, Math – 760
- Honors, AP, and Dual Enrollment courses are available
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses available to International Students: Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chinese Language and Culture, Computer Science A, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, European History, French Language, Government and Politics: Comparative, Government and Politics: US, Human Geography, Latin, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, US History, and World History
- 100% of graduating seniors accepted into college
- 55 full time teaching staff – 19 with Master’s Degrees – 3 with Doctoral Degrees
Southampton Academy is proud to partner with The Cambridge Network, an international educational agency which supports students during their stay at our school. International students applying from China, Taiwan, South Korea, Macao, Vietnam, and Hong Kong should contact The Cambridge Network and request an application to Southampton Academy at https://www.cambridgenetwork.com/school-landing-page-inquiry-form/?sn=SOUTHAMPTONVA.
Students from all other countries may contact Crystal Wasdin, Director of the International Student Program, email@example.com, to begin the application process.
Once a student is accepted to our school, Mrs. Wasdin will send the student an I-20 form and other paperwork necessary for the visa application process.